Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to the Blog...it's great to be here!

This is my first posting on the new maintenance blog.  I hope you will visit it often, as we communicate some of the things you see and some you don't see.  First, a little background on me.  I am originally from Greensburg, Pennsylvania (where the tornadoes hit two weeks ago), about 25 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.  I am an honor graduate from the University of Maryland's Institute of Applied Agriculture.  I have been fortunate to be part of the construction of the new 9 at the Rolling Rock Club in Ligonier, PA.  Recently, I have worked for the Ruark Golf Group first at Glen Riddle and most recently at Nutters Crossing. I have a lot of large course management experience.  I have worked for KSL Recreation and Meadowbrook Golf, so I am well trained in stretching a dollar.  I have successfully managed 3 different bermudagrass facilities, all with great results.  I have one daughter, who is going to have her first child in August.  Her husband was just hired as the Assistant Superintendent at Ocean Pines.  My wife of almost 26 years Colleen, also doubles as my best friend.

We are in the process of evaluating the current operation and learning my way around.  I have met a lot of really nice and supportive folks, who have made me feel very welcome.  My experiences with all grass types in this transition zone will serve the Club well.  I hope we can make a difference over time.  My stated goal is to make the Ocean City Golf Club THE place everyone MUST play when they visit.

Please check back often as we tell the story.  I have linked a Twitter account to the Blog.  This way, I can tweet daily course conditions early in the morning.  This way, you can check cart rules and any daily happenings.  Also feel free to say hi anytime or email me at msalvio@oceancitygolfclub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment